Asante's Birthday Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

This year was our first year hosting Thanksgiving! Also, our first one with our own little Turkey! We had a great week/weekend, and really enjoyed spending some QT with family and friends.  Gran and Aunt Ang got in town Wednesday evening, and picked Asante up from daycare. Once I was off work we started cooking for Thanksgiving dinner.  Ang and I made a pie, and Amar started his chitlins. It was great to just hang out, we miss them so much! Thursday was of course busy, we finished cooking and ate around 4pm.  We had about 10 people; it was perfect.  Thursday night Andrea and I hit the black Friday sales.  Even though we didn't end up buying anything, it was good to have some sister time.  Amar worked on Friday, so Asante, Gran, Aunt Ang and I did some more shopping :-) Friday afternoon, Auntie Kaleigh came to visit.  She is the first of my friends to come visit us since we moved, and we were all so happy she was there!! My family left early Sunday morning, and I was so sad to see them go.  The good news is they will be back in one month for Christmas :-)

This week we have started putting out Christmas decorations, and getting into the holiday spirt! I am really looking forward to Asante's first Christmas :-)
Our little Turkey
Wonderful Thanksgiving spread
The real turkey
Gran and Asante after dinner
Nap time!
Love my little family
Just hanging out
Asante with his beautiful Aunite Kaleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment