Asante's Birthday Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 8, 2013

9 Months

After this post I am going to get back on track for blogging.  We have been so busy, I haven't had time to sit down and blog about everything going on.  Asante turned 9 months on May 2nd, and his check up was May 3rd.  He weighs 20pounds and is 29inches.  Dr. Cosgrove is so happy with his growth; he is now in the 50-75th percentile.  He is still drooling like crazy, but teething has been a breeze. Four teeth on top, and two on bottom.  The change from 8 months to 9 months has been huge.  He is so mobile, and independent.  He feeds himself for almost every meal; sometimes we still feed him oatmeal for breakfast.  Chicken and green beans are by far the meal of choice.  Although, we haven't found anything he really turns down.  Asante is pulling up on everything.  Most of the kids at daycare get stuck once they are standing, but Asante is so smart, he never did. Once he is standing he always leans over until he can touch the ground before getting down, so he doesn't fall over. He "talks" nonstop.  mostly it is babbling.  He says Dada a lot and sometime Mama.  Recently we have heard Baba, but we aren't sure what that means.  My favorite thing right now is his smile and laugh.  It melts my heart, and I just can't get enough.  He loves to cuddle and give kisses... wet, slobbery, open mouth, kisses! They are the BEST!  Almost every day someone tells me how much he looks like his Dad.  I think my husband is very good looking, so I'm happy my son is following in those foot steps!






No comments:

Post a Comment