Asante's Birthday Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

First Things First ... The Wedding

As most everyone knows we have set a date: September 10, 2011 ... 9-10-11
We are very excited to have such a special date and it will make it very easy to remember. We have found that there are quite a few people who have had the same idea. It's a good thing that we are early planners and Asante's couldn't wait to propose because we haven't run into much trouble. I knew a long engagement was a good thing!

The event space is booked! The wedding ceremony and receptiopn will be held at 2000 Grand in downtown Kansas City, Missouri. Asante and I looked at only a few places before we found this one and that was it. We knew it was exactly what we wanted! 2000 Grand is the event space on the second and third floor above The Cashew. The Cashew is a restaurant/bar which will be providing all of the food and drinks for the evening. As well as tables, chairs, linens, servers, bartenders, pretty much everything we will need! This has made it super easy because that doesn't leave much else for us to do.

Third Floor of 2000 Grand


My best friend, Jenna's mother in law will be making our cake. Which has been another huge plus!


This summer Asante and I took our engagement pictures. It was HOT ... but they turned out great! We have been so pleased with Angela; she has been amazing and is so talanted! We will be using some of our favorites for the save the dates which will be sent out early next year.

We are at a little bit of a standstill right now. We have booked pretty much everything that we need at the moment and won't have much else to do until the beginning of the year. I know that time is going to fly by so now that I have said I dont have much to do everything will hit me at once. But that is ok, I am having the time of my life planning this wedding and it makes it really nice that I'm engaged to the best man in the world!


Next is the wedding officiant and flowers :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment