Asante's Birthday Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

Winds of Change

This last week begin a HUGE time of change for us. Thursday started all the movement, with me being laid-off. It was a huge shock, and I was very upset! I had worked at KTI for over 5 years, and even though it was not the best job, it was all I knew. The more I think about not working at KTI any more, the more I KNOW it was a huge blessing! God truly works in mysterious way. We are really looking forward to the new path He has put us on!

Being laid-off on Thursday enabled me to go to Manhattan for Andrea's orientation. She will be going to K-State next year, and we are SOOOO excited for her. If you don't know, Asante is a HUGE K-State fan! I'm sure we will be in Manhattan visiting as much as we can next year. We drove in Thursday night and stayed in a hotel because orientation started at 8am Friday.
The day started in the K-State Union, where all of the students had to sign in. As soon as they got their name tag and paperwork for the day, students went one way and parents/family went another.
My mom and I sitting in the first of the parent/family information sessions. We went to two others sessions before meeting back up with Andrea in the School of Agriculture. She will be in the Pre-Vet program next year. It was really fun to see where she would be having class and to meet some of the teachers and administrative professionals. After Andrea enrolled in class we went to the union for Lunch.
Ang eating in the union for the first time :-)

After lunch we looked around the union and picked up Andrea's student ID before we had to take her to Ford, one of the dorms on campus, the one I stayed at! She would be staying there for the weekend for Wildcat Warm-Up.
We picked her up Sunday afternoon. She seemed to have a great time and was very tired. It is going to be a great year and we are all VERY excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment