Asante's Birthday Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

Amar works retail so he is unable to take any time off between Thanksgiving and New years. We have to stay in town for the holidays so we spent Thanksgiving with my family. We started the day off by going to my Aunt Gay and Uncle Brian's for Thanksgiving lunch. This is a tradition in my family and I believe it is the 18th years they have hosted. After lunch we went to my grandparents, of course ate some more, and then headed to the movies. We saw Harry Potter, for the second time, which was totally ok with us seeing that we both love those movies!
Amar and Me at Thanksgiving
Amar, Me, Mom, Andrea and CJ... missing Kacy and Eric


Black Friday...You guessed it, Amar worked! This gave me some time to do a little Christmas shopping! I woke up early to go to the Flower Farm with my Mom, Grams, Aunt Gay and her mom Fran. This is also some what of a tradition for my fmaily. The Flower farm is in Louisburg and starting the day after Thanksgiving it is filled with poinsettias. They have so many different kinds that it makes choosing one really hard...this year I left with two :-)

One of the green houses

This is the poinsettia I took to work!

The Sunday after Thanksgiving was my mom's birthday! We went out to her house for dinner. My mom is not a cook so she was excited when I offered to make her birthday dinner. I made chicken parmesan and everyone loved it! We had a really great time just hanging out and I know it means a lot to my mom that we were there to celebrate with her, even if she clams that she doesnt want to have any more birthdays!

Thinking about her wish :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment